Subscribe to the Jennifer Finch newsletter!
American musician, producer, and visual artist.
full name: Jennifer Precious Finch is an American musician, producer, and visual artist. Finch was born in Boyle Heights, CA and raised in the working-class neighborhoods of West Los Angeles, Calif.
In 1981 at age 13, she got hold of a film camera and began taking images of hardcore, punk, and art shows, as well as the queer scene, performance art, and skating events. Although she has taken iconic photos of skaters, personalities, and performers, her chronicles of being a runaway and drug user through the early 80s are both haunting and transformative. In the mid-80s, Finch moved on to become a musician, writing, producing and performing with Sugar Babylon (Courtney Love and Kat Bjelland 1984-86), L7 (1986 – current), Other Star People (1995-2001), and The Shocker (2003-current).
Currently (2023/24), Finch is completing an undergraduate at Antioch University in Applied Arts and Media. She thinks a lot about the connections between “end-stage capitalism,” equality, feminism, post-industrialism, punk, and your mom.
– Visit L7 (website) for coming music and tours
– Jennifer Finch plans to release music projects, writing, and photography and subscribe for news.
|JENNIFER FINCH PHOTOGRAPHY|
|OTHER STAR PEOPLE|
|THE SHOCKER (band)|
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / New Man (Ep: S12E04)
FLIPPING OUT / EPISODE 201
OFFICE SPACE (film)
CRUEL INTENTIONS 3 (film)
DEGRASSI THE NEXT GENERATION / Sweet Child of Mine
ROSWELL / Monsters (S01E03)
WHAT S NEW SCOOBY DOO / Escreem
MIAMI ANIMAL POLICE / Exotic City
BIOGRAPHY / Robert Downey Jr.
ROOM RAIDERS / EPISODE 712
AMERICA’S FAVORITE WATERPARKS
40 GREATEST TRL MOMENTS HOUR 2
DATE MY MOM / EPISODE 304
UNDERGRADS ON MTV
FASHION TELEVISION / EPISODES: 24X, 29V, 23Y
MAYBE IT’S ME
5 TAKES EUROPE
TWILIGHT ZONE / Rewind
BEHIND THE MUSIC
CRIBS / EPISODE 1201
GIRL FEVER (film)
BEYOND THE BREAK / All Riled Up
BITCHIN KITCHEN / In-laws
POINT OF NO RETURNoint of No Return (film)
GIRL FEVER (film)
Las Vegas Show Girls Nearly Famous Ep: 11, 12, 13, 14
BAMS UNHOLY UNION (I will Never Be Single / Season Finale)
AMERICAS FUNNISt HomE ViDEOS (Ep 2308)
The addition of the live instrumentation to the dance concept with the combination of both Smith’s and Finch’s diverse influences and personal style created a cool sound described by the press as both Dark Wave and Heavy Wave and described by OSP fans as the CaliPhonic Sound.
Jennifer Finch has appeared as a Producer/Singer/Songwriter and/or Musician in the following:
- 1988 – L7 “L7”
- 1990 – L7 “Shove b/w/ Packin’ a rod
- 1990 – Teriyaki Asthma Volume III “Blood Stains.”
- 1990 – L7 “Smell The Magic”
- 1992 – L7 “Bricks Are Heavy”
- 1994 – L7 “Hungry For Stink”
- 1999 – Other Star People’s “Diamonds in the Belly of the Dog.”
- 2006 – The Shocker “Up Your Ashtray.”
- 2019 – L7 “Scatter The Rats.”
As an actress, voice actress, documentaries and other screen/live appearances:
full list at IMDB:
- 1983 – Cocaine and Blue Eyes w/ O.J. Simpson – “Punk Audience Member.”
- 1984 – The Census Taker w/ Garrett Morris – “Punk Girl.”
- 1994 – John Waters’ Serial Mom “Camel Lips Bass Player.”
- 1995 – Not Bad for a Girl “self.”
- 1999 – Decoupage 2000: Return of the Goddess “self.”
- 2003 – The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn “self.”
- 2003 – Betty Blowtorch: And Her Amazing… “self.”
- 2007 – Punk’s Not Dead “self.”
- 2015 – Cobain: Montage of Heck “seen in the background, somewhere.”
- 2017 – L7: Pretend We’re Dead “self”
- 2017 – Scumbag “Punk Wife.”
Jennifer Finch has also participated in the following projects as a visual consultant/photographer/ etc.:
- 1990 – Leaving Trains – Sleeping Underwater Survivors (Photo)
- 1995 – Leaving Trains – Dragged and Drowned (Photo)
- 2006 – Brats On The Beat – Ramones For Kids (Producer)